Call for Hosts for Akademy 2012The KDE e.V. invites proposals to host Akademy, the yearly KDE contributors conference and community summit, during the Summer of 2012. Akademy is the biggest gathering of the community and includes a two-day conference, the general assembly of the members of the KDE e.V., and a week of coding, meeting, and discussing.
Proposals for Akademy are warmly welcomed, and should aim for 350-400 attendees.Proposals for Akademy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for proposals is October 1st 2011, so that the board has enough time to decide on proposals. Key points which proposals should consider, and which will be taken into account when deciding among candidates, are:
- Local community support for hosting the conference
- The availability and cost of travel from major European cities
- The availability of sufficient low-cost accommodation
- The budget for infrastructure and facilities required to hold the conference
- The availability of restaurants or the organization of catering on-site
- Local industry and government support