Since 2003 the KDE e.V. has organized an annual meeting of the KDE community. It includes a conference, time for coding, meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM, or the annual membership assembly) of the e.V. It has been known under the name Akademy since 2004. It is the biggest meeting of the worldwide KDE community.
Akademy was held online in 2020 and 2021 due to worldwide travel restrictions. In 2022 we hope to return to a hybrid online- and in-person conference, at which point we’ll put out a call for locations again.
Up until 2008 the spelling “aKademy” was used. The name was changed to “Akademy” after that.
- Akademy 2021, Online
- Akademy 2020, Online
- Akademy 2019, Milan, Italy
- Akademy 2018, Vienna, Austria
- Akademy 2017, Almería, Spain
- Akademy 2016 (as part of QtCon), Berlin, Germany
- Akademy 2015, A Coruña, Galicia, Spain
- Akademy 2014, Brno, Czech Republic
- Akademy 2013, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain
- Akademy 2012, Tallinn, Estonia
- Akademy 2011 (Desktop Summit), Berlin, Germany
- Akademy 2010, Tampere, Finland
- Akademy 2009 (Desktop Summit), Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
- aKademy 2008, Sint-Katelijne-Waver, Belgium
- aKademy 2007, Glasgow, Scotland
- aKademy 2006, Dublin, Ireland
- aKademy 2005, Malaga, Spain
- aKademy 2004, Ludwigsburg, Germany